Mary Rutan Hospital offers speech-language therapy services in Bellefontaine and Urbana, Ohio
Adult speech therapy consists of the evaluation and treatment of adults with communication and swallowing disorders resulting from stroke, traumatic brain injury, progressive diseases, etc. Our adult patients are typically seen two to three times weekly in one-on-one therapy sessions. Adults are provided with at-home programs to further develop and generalize skills outside of the therapy setting.
What areas does speech therapy for adults address?
- Expressive and receptive communication
- Cognitive skills (problem solving and reasoning)
- Social skills
- Dysphagia (swallowing)
- Communication disorders (stuttering, voice disorders)
Whether the problems are congenital or occurred after an illness or injury, our certified specialists can develop an individualized treatment program that strives to enhance each patient's quality of life.
Scheduling a first appointment
We are committed to providing prompt appointments to patients who need evaluation and treatment. To initiate therapy, we will need:
- A prescription from your or your child's primary care physician/ENT/specialist ordering speech therapy services, which includes a diagnosis code.
- An initial evaluation scheduled at Mary Rutan Hospital Therapy & Sports Medicine. Call 937.593.0822 to schedule an initial evaluation at our Bellefontaine location, or 937.887.0163 to schedule an evaluation at our Urbana location.
Expert speech therapists with a focus on quality care and a supportive patient experience
Our adult speech pathologists serve patients from our facilities in Bellefontaine and Urbana. Do you or a loved one live outside of these areas but still need expert speech-language therapy services? Get in touch with Mary Rutan Hospital today - we can help answer your questions and assist you further with your speech therapy needs.