Mary Rutan Health offers speech-language therapy services in Bellefontaine and Urbana, Ohio
Adult speech therapy consists of the evaluation and treatment of adults with communication and swallowing disorders resulting from stroke, traumatic brain injury, progressive diseases, etc. Our adult patients are typically seen two to three times weekly in one-on-one therapy sessions. Adults are provided with at-home programs to further develop and generalize skills outside of the therapy setting.
What areas does speech therapy for adults address?
- Expressive and receptive communication
- Cognitive skills (problem solving and reasoning)
- Social skills
- Dysphagia (swallowing)
- Communication disorders (stuttering, voice disorders)
Pediatric speech therapy consists of the evaluation and treatment of children with communication and swallowing disorders. Our pediatric patients are typically seen for weekly or bi-weekly one-on-one therapy sessions. In addition to therapy, an emphasis is placed on family education to aid the child's progress in maintaining and generalizing newly learned skills outside the therapy setting.
What areas does speech therapy for children address?
- Expressive and receptive language disorders
- Communication disorders (stuttering, voice disorders and speech delay)
- Articulation and phonological disorders
- Cognitive skills (problem-solving and reasoning)
- Social skills
- Oral motor skills
- Augmentative/alternative communication
- Behavior management related to communication impairments
- Auditory processing disorders
- Feeding and swallowing disorders
Whether the problems are congenital or occurred after an illness or injury, our certified specialists can develop an individualized treatment program that strives to enhance each patient's quality of life.
Scheduling a first appointment
We are committed to providing prompt appointments to patients who need evaluation and treatment. To initiate therapy, we will need:
- A prescription from your or your child's primary care physician/ENT/specialist ordering speech therapy services, which includes a diagnosis code.
- An initial evaluation scheduled at Mary Rutan Therapy & Sports Medicine. Call 937.593.0822 to schedule an initial evaluation at our Bellefontaine location, or 937.887.0163 to schedule an evaluation at our Urbana location.
Expert speech therapists with a focus on quality care and a supportive patient experience
Our speech pathologists serve patients from our facilities in Bellefontaine and Urbana. Do you or a loved one live outside of these areas but still need expert speech-language therapy services? Get in touch with Mary Rutan Health today - we can help answer your questions and assist you further with your speech therapy needs.