Our personalized care and friendly staff provide the attention you and your newborn deserve. Families who choose the Family Birth Center at Mary Rutan Hospital also enjoy the peace of mind that comes with having a top-notch birthing center close to home.
Our experienced medical staffs, including board-certified OB-GYNs, certified nurse midwives, pediatricians, anesthesiologists and highly skilled registered nurses, believe in total care for the mother, baby and family.
Individualized care in private suites
Providing quality care and comfort are our top priorities. Warm, inviting, private rooms offer mom, baby and family all the comforts of home. Babies room-in with mom and dad so our nurses can educate the whole family on new baby and mom care. Rooms are equipped with private bathrooms, cable television, and room-service-style meals so that mom may order her food according to her own schedule.
All entrances to the Family Birth Center are locked to provide an additional level of security for our new families. Visitors are invited in only with mom's permission, and security cameras monitor all hallways.
At MRH, our dedicated staff and state-of-the-art facilities include:
- Highly skilled nurses, many with advanced certification in obstetrics.
- Specially trained childbirth educators and a staff lactation consultant.
- Board-certified pediatricians on-call 24 hours a day to assist with any newborn needs.
- A centrally located fetal monitoring system.
- An operating room devoted to emergency care right in the Family Birth Center if a C-section is required.
- Experienced anesthesiologists to provide whatever level of pain management you need.
- The amenities new parents told us they wanted most, like room service with special menu options, increased security, overnight accommodations for a family member, convenient visiting hours and additional educational opportunities to prepare for your new arrival.
Our interactive online birthing course is free for patients of Mary Rutan Ob/Gyn and only a small free of $65 for moms doctoring at other locations.
The birthing course areas of focus include pregnancy, labor, creating a birth plan, birth stories, comfort techniques, medical procedures, cesarean birth, newborn care and postpartum.
Active parenting classes:
Your child's first few years are so important! For a limited time only, an Active Parenting workshop will be offered free of charge beginning May 3rd for caregivers of children newborn to five years. This 4-session program was written by parenting expert (and dad) Dr. Michael Popkin. The course will show you how to nurture children with a "just right" combination of freedom and nonviolent discipline. This evidence-based workshop will be held each Tuesday in May starting at 6 PM. Register and learn more here.