The Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program at Mary Rutan Hospital gives heart and lung patients the chance to improve overall health in a safe and caring setting. If you have had a heart attack or heart surgery, or if you have a chronic lung condition, our staff will help you recover faster, get stronger and return to a full, productive life. We will help you lower your risk for future health problems through comprehensive exercise training and education.
Our experienced staff will motivate you to make positive changes in your lifestyle. We will:
- Closely monitor your exercise sessions and tailor them to your abilities and needs.
- Give you practical advice on how to control your risk factors for heart and lung disease.
- Help increase your self-confidence, well-being and your quality of life.
Program components include:
- Medical supervision.
- Instruction and education on proper exercise.
- Risk factor modification.
- Dietary counseling.
- Mental health counseling.
- Smoking cessation.
- Social support.
- Billing and financial assistance.
Enrolling in the Program
To get started, we will need a referral from your doctor. Please have your doctor call us at 937.599.7020 or 937.599.7040.
Most health insurance plans cover phase 2 cardiac rehabilitation or phase 2 pulmonary rehabilitation. We will help you determine coverage, but it is important to contact your specific health plan to confirm coverage.