Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern at Mary Rutan Hospital, and in order to enhance the quality of care, specific visiting hours and regulations have been established for each unit. Visiting hours and regulations are available at the nurses' station and vary depending on the unit and condition of the patient. Please follow these guidelines. If you need additional information, please check with the nurse on the unit.
Following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Visitors may not smoke anywhere in or around the hospital.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear a shirt and shoes.
- No more than two visitors are allowed at the bedside at one time. Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Liberal visiting arrangements may be made for families of surgical patients on the day of surgery.
Any personal information about your diagnosis and treatment must come from your physician, and this information is only available to members of your immediate family whom you designate to receive it. If you have any questions about your diagnosis and treatment, please check with your physician or nurse.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients. Please check with the nurse to make sure your gift is appropriate. On the intensive care unit, please check with the unit regarding any gifts for patients.
Free parking is available for visitors on Madriver Street in the main parking lot (west side) or in the lots on Irving Street (north side).
The Gift Shop, staffed by volunteers, is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 8 p.m. On Saturday and Sunday the Gift Shop is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The shop has gift items, magazines, greeting cards, toiletries, flowers and plants available for purchase. The Gift Shop phone number is 937.592.4015 ext. 4269.